Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Giddy-up

As the week progresses, I become more and more giddy. Getting my first fill in just a couple of days means that shortly afterward I'll be able to move beyond liquids and "mushies" to real food again. Oh, I know that I won't get restriction until I've had a few fills and that I'll have to continue measuring and doling out my 2 oz. of food, but...

...I'll be able to enjoy taste and texture again. With that in mind, I've actually started going through my recipes, planning healthy, well-balanced meals. Because my intake is so limited I want to prepare things that taste good. I don't want eating to be an exercise in denial; I want it to be a celebration of health and taste and flavor and texture - a step toward ensuring that HH and I enjoy a long and active life together.

Salmon. Grilled salmon. With a tangy sauce. Oooooh yeah.

Sorry - didn't mean to drool. I need to borrow one of the grandbaby's bibs.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Got me droolin', too! Grilled salmon with some kind of lime-based sauce. Good and good for you.

You're doing great. 16 pounds is a wonderful accomplishment.