Friday, January 11, 2008

Fill 'er up

As nervous as I am about my first fill a week from today, I'm also starting to really look forward to it. Now, how weird is that, huh, to be looking forward to having a long, skinny needle stuck through my flesh? My peace of mind is hinged on how competent my surgeon and his staff have been so far and my confidence that this will continue through my after-care.

Anyhow, the way I understand it is that I won't come anywhere close to having a full fill until several months have passed. Small amounts are injected to help reduce the risk of blockage or irritation to the stoma or stomach.

Because the process seems to vary so much from doctor to doctor, I won't really know how it'll work until I see my surgeon against next week.

Since my weight loss seems to have stalled, I'm going to try to taking in a few more calories today. I can't go any lower and still function through the day, so I'm hoping that a little more protein and a few more calories will get kick my body out of this stalemate.

Today's weight: 221.2 (-14.6)

No comments: