Monday, December 31, 2007

Just a singer in a rock and roll band

Okay, so this is supposed to be Hell. Banded hell or bandster hell, that is. From what I've read, that's the time between LAP-BAND implacement and the achievement of restriction, where you feel full appropriately and where you usually begin to experience weight loss. Maybe there's something wrong with me but I'm not miserable, nor do I feel deprived. Also, I'm losing weight.

I spent several hours this past Saturday weeding through cooking magazines I've been hoarding for a few months, clipping out recipes I want to keep and tossing the rest. Here's what was unusual about that: I looked at all those recipes, including ones for high-fat, high-calorie foods, and wasn't tempted. Not a bit. I didn't feel hungry. I didn't experience cravings. Conversely, my attention was caught by the healthier recipes. I also found myself looking at those borderline recipes and calculating how they could be made healthier, lighter...allowable.

Wanna know what's really odd? I'm getting the urge to cook again. Not necessarily to eat, but I want to get in the kitchen and start experimenting. The only thing keeping me from that at this point is not being able yet to taste those experiments and see if they're working out or if they should just go directly to the doggie dish. Or, since we love our OggieDoggies, straight to the gar-bahj. Kitty? Smoke? Mommy wuvs 'er 'ittle babiekins, jes I does. Oh, sorry. *Harrrumph*

I don't want to mislead anyone and make this journey sound "easy peasy puddin' n' pie". But I honestly do think there's a powerful mind/body connection that affects the route you take. My mind was ready for this; my body needed it. Today we're going to pick up my new treadmill and I'll be able to walk no matter what the weather. It's something I'm looking forward to.

You have to be ready and willing to embrace a change in lifestyle and you have to be surrounded by people ready and willing to embrace those changes with you. I'm blessed to have that kind of support. My husband. Our daughter and daughter-in-law, who live with us. There's no one saboutaging me, just many people cheering me on.

I've been looking forward to 2008 for several months now. Remember my "Becky Reclamation Project"? It's time.

Huah! Let the games begin!

No comments: