Monday, December 24, 2007

Slip Slidin' Away

Whoo hoo! The pounds are finally starting to slip off! Now I can look down at my four little incisions and one tad larger one (for the port) and say, "Yeah, baby, we're doin' it!" I know, I know, again with the conversin' with the random body part.

My HH is being wonderful. Actually, my entire family is being wonderful about making sure I don't feel overwhelmed by cooking smells. I have to practically force HH and daughter-in-law to cook. Left to their own devices they'd be eating sandwiches 24/7. Right now the standing joke is that our youngest granddaughter, our wonderful little Butterbean who's almost a year old, has more substance to her food than Mamaw does. Hey. It ain't really a joke. Have y'all seen that Stage 3 stuff? Lemme tell y'all somethin'...Gerber rocks!

Which brings me to the subject of the one thing I really do miss right now: texture. Yeah, I miss texture. I miss chewing and feeling that little bit of crunch. I miss pieces and bits of meat and veggies. Since I haven't seen my diet plan for Week 2 yet, and won't until my postop follow-up with the surgeon this Friday, I have hopes that maybe those things will be part of the next phase. Cream of chicken soup pureed until it's the consistency of milk, mashed potatoes thinned until they're the consistency of unpureed chicken soup, pudding, milk...these are all good things and provide enough nutrients for me at this point. Plus, they don't pose a threat for creating a blockage in the stoma formed by the new upper stomach pouch. But doggone it, I wanna bite into somethin' so bad right now....

Today's weight: 231.6

No comments: