Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Incredible Edible Egg

Who knew a scrambled egg could taste so good? Mana from Heaven! Nectar of the gods! Songs will be sung and homages written to the great and glorious scrambled egg! As of yesterday I have graduated to Phase 2 of the LAP-BAND diet and went right to the grocery store to indulge in V-8 juice, various seasoned fish filets, and some chicken breasts. I can have white meat now! And did I mention scrambled eggs? Everything has to be pureed to the consistency of baby food still, but nonetheless that scrambled egg felt so full-bodied and substantial. My HH says he never thought he'd be jealous of an egg. Silly man. Silly, silly man. He can't be too worried, though, since he just served me another one for breakfast. Wonderful man. Wonderful, wonderful man. I think I'm in love. With the man. Not the egg. Although right now it's a tight race.

Anyhow, after yesterday's first postop visit with Dr. K and his staff, I'm reassured that things are right on track. My weight on their scales was a little higher than the ones at home registered, but I always weigh myself first thing in the morning and *insert maidenly blushing* in minimal clothing; my appointment was in the afternoon and fully attired.

Progressing with my BRP (Becky Reclamation Project) the next phase in my LAP-BAND journey will include a build up to 45 minutes of sustained exercise per day, overseen by monthly visits (for the next six months) to a physical therapist. Because of the variable weather we have at this time of the year, HH and I have already been looking at treadmills and plan to purchase one in January. This is where HH and I tend to disagree. He thinks in terms of "the bigger, the better", while I think in terms of "if I trip over that *#$#*#&#*^* one more time I'm gonna SCREAM" and want one that folds up when not in use. Anyhoo, the PT clinic has my info from the surgeon's office and I should be receiving a call from them next week to set things up.

Overall, I'm pleased with my progress. I've been averaging about a half pound per day of weight loss. I tire easily, but that's probably due more to life stresses and worries than surgical concerns. We had a wedding at our house Thursday night and after all the shopping and preparations I was exhausted. There's no way I could have done it without HH and our oldest daughter. Except for the shopping, most of my work was done through my supervision. But our son's fiance is now his wife. HH performed the ceremony. The bride's father gave her away and all her family was present from Canada via webcam and teleconferencing. It's a cute thing at a wedding when the question is asked, "Who gives this woman in marriage?" and all heads turn toward a laptop.

When my son returns from Iraq, I want him to find a mother who is healthier, who's more fit and active, than the one he left. And I want my grandchildren to remember a mamaw who can shoot hoops and play hide-and-go-seek, not one who can only sit and cheer from the sidelines.

Current weight: 225.6 pounds (-9.4 pounds)

No comments: