Monday, February 4, 2008

Wow! Yippee! Wha hoo!!

The weight has been sliding off since my fill five days ago, but I'm still trying to learn to work with my band. One of the most important things I've learned is as soon as I feel the beginning of discomfort in my chest, STOP EATING. It doesn't matter if I've only taken two bites of my turkey bacon or a half cup of chunk chicken...STOP. If I don't, I'm double-dog guaranteed to end up with a pressure type of chest pain that literally stops me in my tracks. I don't feel that the food is stuck at that point, it's more a feeling that it's just sitting in the upper stomach taking up space and will hurt until it's digested.

The downside is that I'm hungry again within an hour after eating, which probably means I need a bit more fluid in the band. I'll call or e-mail the nurse today and get her opinion.

An oddity to me is the way my weight loss seems to be different than other times I've managed to lose. When I was this weight the last time (about two years ago) my 22's were tight and my rings were too. Now my rings are slipping and sliding on my fingers and my 22's are a tad baggy in the seat. My 2x shirts are starting to fit looser too; my DIL pointed out that my jacket looks like it's just hanging on me now. Weird.

Today's weight: 213.2 lbs.

2 comments:

barb said...

Hey a tad is better than a skosh I think. You really are a marvel and know how proud and happy I am for you my friend.

Holyrowly said...

It's so exciting to watch you win!