Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Working at the relationship

It finally occurred to me that having this LAP-BAND is a lot like any other relationship. I'm learning about my band, learning how to live with it and adapt my life to work in unison with it. I'm learning its quirks and how it isn't always in the same mood at the same time every single day. It has its ups and downs, its good qualities and bad. But thank goodness the good outweighs the bad and everything I put into this relationship comes back to me multiplied. My body is developing a whole new language, starting to work in concert with the band. There are things I love to eat, things that are healthy choices, like apples (even peeled and sliced) and turkey bacon, that my band can't tolerate and so are banned from my life, at least for the time being. The next time I need an antibiotic it will either need to be a very small one or in liquid form, because my band doesn't do well with capsules.

It's a give and take, a balancing act and a lesson in compromise. We won't always get along or agree with each other's choices, but we'll work at it together until we can come to a mutual understanding.

Today's weight: 211.6 lbs.

1 comment:

roxie said...

from your other blog you have lost a couple more pounds. YOU go girl. I'll be cheering you on.