Thursday, July 2, 2009

Buh-bye Omar

The tentmaker, that is.

Today, I said a bittersweet farewell to plus size clothing. Heck, who am I foolin'? There was no bitter, not a'tall...it was sweet, sweet, sweet! I came thiiiiiiiis close to not even trying on those 14 jeans and that XL shirt (not women's X or 1X, just a plain ol' misses XL); I'm glad I didn't listen to myself or else I'd have missed one of the best milestones of my lap-band journey. Only someone who's walked a mile in my shoes can empathize with what it's taken to get to this point and just how momentous an occasion it is.

The fireworks from Fort Ogg aren't all in celebration of Independence Day.

1 comment:

Bee said...

Yay for you!!!! Unfortunately, I'll be keeping Omar in business just a bit longer. (At least I'm on the right track now.)

You shoot off all the fireworks you want to. You deserve to celebrate.