Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ghoul Food

Why, oh why, did hallowe'en have to fall during an especially stressful time? Why? Why? Why? I can resist the lure of mini candy bars. Oh yes, you Butterfinger bar, you devil you. I see you beckoning to me. I can taste your crunchy orange center and almost feel it sticking to my teeth.

Baby Ruth? You're not a baby. Babies are innocent. You're the devil with your gooey peanut center wrapped in chocolate.

Snickers? Ha ha! I snicker in the face of your attempts to woo me.

But Tootsie Roll? Tootsie, you're my weakness. I can't resist your pull. I can sniff you out no matter how well hidden you are.

Damn you Tootsie Roll...daaaammmmnnn you *melodramatic fist-shaking, shirt-rending, hair-pulling, ground-pounding tantrum ensues).

3 comments:

Bee said...

There, there, you poor dear. Don't you know? It's a rule. Stressful times always, always occur when there's a reason for an obscenely over-abundance of bad-for-you-foods. Case in point: Christmas is stressful. Christmas also produces lots and lots of cookies, which is my personal weakeness.

I also have a hard time resisting Sugar Babies.

Dianne C. said...

I have to say thank you for all that you've written about what you're going through. Following one of your links has led me to find out that there is a seminar in Pineville on Nov. 20. I'm going! I have to do something or I'll die and there will not be enough people to carry my casket it will be so heavy. Thank you!

You're an inspiration. Keep up the good work! Hang in there!

OH I'm on Hometalk boards as Stinky Burgerbrain!

fuzzybutt said...

Hello, my darling. I too have an affinity for ghoulishly delicious food and had the lap band put in on May first 2006. I still eat these wonderfully delicious food, but in extreme moderation! I am proudly in the top 3% of how much weight I have lost with the Lap Band. I eat my proteins first, then my vegis, then my starch. A couple hours after dinner I may take a bite of a candy bar or a spoonful of my favorite ice cream. This satisfies the craving and also allows me to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Don't fret, my pet, you can have your cake...and eat it too. Just sos that everyone is fully aware of what success feels like, I can now walk without hurting myself...starting weight 265..as of today...155.